Tuesday 24 February 2015

Hurray...its my born-day...

                            Displaying IMG_20150219_150545.jpg
Everyone has a special day in their lives, it could be the day they were born, the day the completed their formal education, the day they married or gave birth to their kids, or even the day they die (seldomly used tho). For me, my special day was when i was born, on Friday, the 24th day of February, 1989.

Since i was born, i have taken time to ask myself one question, "Why was i born?", sincerely speaking, i have not gathered the entire answers to that question but as time goes on, each day elucidates a different purpose. Taking a quick historical gist, i hail from a humble background, my dear mother always told me that i love "garri" so much when i was a little kid, and i love eating a lot, (so no try me for food o, i go win you). It was not easy growing up as the first son of a family, there are several challenges, most important one is making sure that the family name lives on, so everything i did or do was programmed not to affect my family name, so i didn't do some "bad bad" things when i was younger.


One turning point in my life was when i was in SS 1, I was a very good student from my JSS 1-3, but as I got into the new level, i got carried away, started doing the unnecessary "big boy" things, i suppose something more happened, maybe i joined the wrong friends, or maybe i had no one to guide me aright or maybe maybe and maybe, the list can be endless, but the truth was that i repeated that class. It was a very dark time of my life, coupled with the fact that i fell ill during the exam period, so when i walked up to pick my report sheet, my countenance changed, then i went into depression. I still recall telling my mother that i was not interested in changing my school, i shall face my challenge, i shall face my shame, i shall carry my cross, in tears i told her, i will repeat Senior Secondary School 1. That decision changed my life, i really don't know what i would have become if i had changed my school, but i know what i became after repeating. I became more focused, I found good friends, and even fell in love, (winks), you know all those school love na,it was fun tho. Today, i can look back at my secondary school days, take a deep breath and smile.

After promoting to the next class, SS2, I started writing, i wrote some funny stories and even became a Love doctor too, Some of my friends would come to me for one advise or the other, and i got the nickname, Dr, Love. Oh, some good old days. Another scary period, was the day i walked up to pick my SS2 report sheet, i knew i was promoted, i knew i had put in my best, but as i picked up the sheet, i looked straight towards the performance column and saw "Advised to repeat SS2", my entire world crumbled in a flash, i asked myself, What the f..k is wrong with you?, all i could see were humans moving upside down, my eyes were getting blank, it was like i was in a vision or i have fainted, in my confused state, a tiny voice said, look the name carefully, it might not be yours, i reluctantly followed the directive of that voice, and from where i stood, i screamed, this is not my report card o, Sir sir, you have made a mistake. The man smiled, tho in disbelieve he had to double check, and lo and behold, it was true, he brought out my report sheet, and smile metamorphosed into laughter on my face, it was indeed a great day, I was promoted to the final class, SS3, where i did my final exams, passed well, wrote my Jamb and joined Babcock University to study Microbiology.

Today, i am not just a graduate, but a Production Executive with a prestigious company, here in Nigeria. I wish for a lot of things, most especially a very stable financial strength, more education, good wife(4 more years to go,lol), and most importantly to achieve my God driven purposes in Life.
                                   Displaying IMG_20150219_134113.jpg
I would love to say a big thank you to God almighty, for seeing me through life first few stages, i know he will see me through the rest. I also wanna thank my parents for always believing in me and ensuring that i completed a formal education, Mr&Mrs Nelson Nwachukwu, God bless you real good and equip me with so much wealth that i can treat the both of you well. To my siblings, Chukwudi, Roy, Adanne and Favour Nwachukwu, Thanks so much for following suit, i know i have laid a good foundation but you guys have brought out the beauty of our home to the whole world. To my lady, my pearl, you brought a ray of light to my world, may God continually lighten your path with blessings and every good thing. To my extended family members, my super uncles, Dee Tg, Dee M, Dee Udo, Dee Uche, Dee Ben, Dee Ezico, Dee Chuks, Dee Onyi, and Dee Good, and their families, may the love and support continually grow stronger, we are going places and soon our redemption draweth near. Oh, to my sweet aunt Christiana, you have brought a lot of good tiding to our home, just don't worry, i shall surprise you all the days of my life, because you blessed me,i shall bless you too. To my friends, Emeka Jr, Emeka Elekwachi, Reward, Victor, Emeka Cruiser, Adetola, Temidayo,  Seun, My Mbio08 peeps, My Babcock #Ruby 2012 peeps, My Nysc #EfonAlaaye 2012C peeps, My #Beloxxi colleagues, My birthday mates, and all other friends, family members and peeps that i may not be able to put down their names,  una too much, you guys were the pillars that rocked my world. Thanks so much for everything, i say a big #Happy Bornday to me, see you guys in 2016 edition, God bless you for reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment