Friday 25 July 2014

Day 26-I am grateful to God for the first half of the year 2014....Dee Obi


It is the last Saturday (Sabbath) of this superb month, July, and we are gradually going to the end of the project #31days31epistles, and frankly speaking, I enjoyed every bit of it. Each day from July 1, different persons have shared their epistles with us. I hope you have been inspired throughout this month.

Today we are going to read one of my very good uncle’s epistle, I call him Dee Obi. He is an Elder with the remnant church, Seventh day Adventist church, Sango-Ota, a father of three and one wife. He is my mentor, a superb role model and most of all, he loves the young people. Oh, did I mention that he enjoys music and a die-hard fan of Arsenal FC (abeg no joke with him club o). Enjoy his epistle below.

Having just survived a not-too favourable but God-seen-through 2013, I looked forward to a much better 2014 as we marched into the month of January.

However, as the realist that I am, I knew that the first half of the year would be a little bit to the right and a little bit to the left because I knew, right from the beginning of the year that I am going to have a booming second half of the year 2014!

Having said that, I must confess that I am grateful to God for the first half of the year 2014, because He led me all the way, despite my numerous shortcomings. I am most grateful for the good health I have enjoyed, not just me alone, my entire family because as the saying goes...health is wealth!

I am also grateful to our heavenly Father for His hand in my work; those who know would testify that it is not easy embarking on the journey that I do on daily basis and come back in one and safe piece. To crown it all, the recently concluded mid-year inventory further strengthened my faith and trust in God and that whatever thing (that is genuine and needful) we ask of Him, He does not deny us and that He is always near at the very mention of His name.

During the period under review, God has been merciful to me as a person and to my family in general. So many times I had reached an accord with God over a particular thing; those many times our heavenly Father would prove His faithfulness but I would be found wanting!  Despite all these, He hasn’t stopped showering His love, mercy and favour (which I don’t deserve) on me and my family. For all these, I say Lord...thank You, accept my praise!

One thing that I will love to share with other readers of this project about my experiences during the first half of 2014 is that you can’t just stop trusting God! In fact, we will be better off if we stayed trusting Him, even though our expectations haven’t yet come to pass...because the Bible said that He who promised, does not lie and will SURELY fulfil His promise.

On so many fronts.....I have experienced God’s goodness and upliftment on so many fronts.....

On the spiritual front, I have learnt that things about God do not depend on how good you think you are or can even be. We can never be right with God when our character is weighed against the Law of liberty, hence the need for us to rely wholeheartedly on the merits on what Christ achieved for us on the Cross of Calvary! That alone can suffice!  Within the period under review, God deemed it necessary to call me to a higher level of responsibility in His vineyard despite the fact that I know that I am not worthy....but His grace alone has been sufficient for me all this while.

Now, my expectations for the second half of the year 2014. Like I said earlier, God has uplifted me on so many fronts....though all these are not yet visible....I can see through the eyes of faith that I have been pencilled down for a positive change during this second half of the year.

Amongst my numerous expectations are that my family and I will continue to enjoy the good health that God has blessed up with. I also expect that by His grace, my duties in His vineyard I will discharge with all my strength and wealth. That the good job the Lord gave me will continue to blossom, secured from the eyes and out of the reach of evil people and beings. Above all this, I expect to move into a house my family and I can call our own before the end of this year.


In all these...what can I say....other than to thank God for His favour? Hope you will be encouraged by reading this true life experience of how good our God can be!

Structure 1........himself....

No comments:

Post a Comment