Wednesday 2 July 2014

Day 2....I wasn't sure of what lies ahead.....Kelechi

Hurray, I am finally dropping the first epistle today, it is coming from a great personality, my CLO when I served my Nation in Efon-Alaaye,Ekiti state. When I told Dommynique about the project, #31days31epistles, he said, "Prince, how can I join the flow?, I am ready", wow, I was so humbled to get his epistle today, and most importantly, he was the first person to drop his epistle.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Mr. Bendommynique Kelechi,aka, SAMPLE....
                              It was like I wasn't sure of what lies ahead of me! It’s the first time in my life when I actually knew that I am totally on my own. I am through with my service year, now the job or labour market was to be my new adventure. Shouts of happy New Year in the air, people celebrating, of course I joined in the celebration but on the other hand weighed down by the thoughts that the year has just started. 

How am I going to survive the crazy job searches! The interviews, how would I meet up with what the society required of me? Instantaneously, I experienced the precipitation of anxiety emanating from fears about my enigmatic future but I allayed these fears because I convinced myself of an auspicious future.
In the 3rd week of January I was called up for an interviewed at one of the numerous outsourcing agencies flooding the Nigerian labour market now. The interview was by 10am, I got to the venue by 9am only to find an intimidating numbers of job applicants like me all filling up about 3 canopies of which I joined. It ended, I succeeded and anxious to hear what the pay looks like, at my craziest dismay, it was an outrageous amount of 18,000 naira per month, and then the rest based on commissions.
I refused to do such a job before I could know it, an offer flew in from a bank, a better pay, I accepted to do the job, but as I started I lacked enthusiasm about the job, it was like my mind was bamboozled by the way a biochemist would end up in the banking sector rather than just doing some cool science stuffs. I worked with a very low spirit yet with no option! This was happening in the month of February, 2014
So I asked God for a miracle and he did it!. As the month was just about to be eclipsed by the dominance of the following month 'March', a Manufacturing company which I once applied for came asking me to resume with them as soon as possible, I told them am yet to be paid, my month's salary by the bank!
Sounded like a joke when I was issued a cheque for the same amount paid me by employers (the bank) asking me to go tender my resignation letter and resume work the following week. With great delight I jumped at it because it was a better offer compared to what I was earning. In the month of March, I started work at this new company! It was like a fulfillment of my wish, ever since, I have been subjected to travelling kilometers shuttling my house and my workplace. This is the month of June,now I know am working on my next phase in life!

Life is a mystery
Embrace it with hard and positive mindset, only then, would you soar high like that eagle in the sky. #mystory   
      Displaying 31days&epistles.jpg

1 comment: