Saturday 19 July 2014

Day 19- Odum exclaims that It’s been a lovely year so far..

                                                                 
Its just interesting how this month flies, today is the 19th day in July,2014, and we will be hosting the 19th epistle today on our #31days31epistles, what started as a dream, has turned out to be a fantastic reality.

Its sabbath, and we shall be reading an epistle from one who loves the sabbath too, an Adventist. He is a good friend, one that inspires me sometimes to become an IT guru, how I wish sometimes that I could design some programs, eh, I would have designed one that will bring any food I want straight to my plate for me to consume asap, oh, you know na, just any kind of food....Anyway, not to waste much time, its Odum's turn to share with us all his wonderful epistle, enjoy it below......
It’s been a lovely year so far. The year kicked off with lots of celebrations and family reunions. After it all, we all had to return to our duty posts and I left off for Ekiti state for my national assignment not knowing what was in store for me there but without fear or doubt that I will be triumphant.

All I can say of the year so far hovers around Ekiti State and its province specifically Ekiti State University where I discharge my duties. There, I have met the good, the bad, and the ugly; jumping through hoops and traps became a weekly routine there but to God be the glory.

Without missing words, it pays to have a good sense of humor when dealing with the public and first timers in a strange land. This saved me and is still making ways for me; it brought friends, not just friends, good friends and respect with great responsibilities. It thought me a very valuable lesson that “The will of God will not take you to a place where His grace will not be sufficient for you”. You just have to surrender it all to His feet and allow Him to pilot your affairs and I bet you He will unveil life in ways you can’t phantom.

But on a down low, another lesson is “To keep your friends close and your enemies even closer” you need both parties to scale through successful in life.

To start pin pointing things am grateful for in this year will be like trying to label the sand by the sea shore because they are innumerable. Do I mention how we kicked off the year with my dad’s 70th birthday celebration or the major breakthroughs in my chosen career and leave out how he has been leading me thus far in Ekiti or the fact that my mom celebrated her birthday the same month her last born graduated from the university with a first class that notwithstanding, I will still say am grateful to God for the gift of life, good health, prosperity, open doors, etc.

I am just grateful for a million things but I am most grateful to God for His grace to live each day.

My expectations for the second half of this year are not far fetched. To an I.T guy, a year doesn't really split into two. It doesn't even split at all, it’s the same all round but that notwithstanding, I have some set goals for the year that are serious works in progress; some have hit major milestones, some are yet to get to that stage but are tangible enough to be boasted for.

In all, am not settling for mediocrity, I’ll keep striving to reach the place where God has proposed to place me in life and I am hoping to achieve that in this second part of the year. It’s been God all the way.

 Eledumare is involved………………You can call me Odum-Igwe, Chukwuemeka Samuel and I am a Nigerian.
Displaying 204681_1643596126091_4014180_o.jpg
Odum...The IT guru
                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment