Saturday 12 July 2014

Day 12- Ogbonna employs his entrepreneurial skills via the first 6 months.

                                                     
Sometimes in life we all feel lonely, we get no calls from loved ones for days, our phones will be silent, not that you had set off the ring tone but because no one had called. You may try to kill the loneliness by being very active on social media, like facebook, twitter, 2go, BBM, Whatsapp and the rest, yet that loneliness still linger. Friends, that is when you need your BIBLE, its so prudently packed with words from God himself, no wonder I feel much better after perusing a message from Him.

It is another sabbath, and Ogbonna is up. He is a superb friend, calls me "popular", and base in Abuja, Nigeria. He is a great father and husband too, most importantly he is an Adventist and an Alumnus of Babcock University, let's give it up for Ogbonna.....
As the"happy New year" shouts rented the air, I lay on my bed thinking of what the next cycle of 360 days will have in store for me, after much retrospection of God's leading in my life in times past, I came to the conclusion that the future had no other choice than to be bright.

After concluding my national youth service in the month of October the previous year, I decided to call one of my few skills to work. I learnt the fine science of baking a long while ago even before gaining admission as an undergraduate. And so after service, I used the small "change" I had saved during the unforgettable "Allowee" days to start a Bread baking business, since it is still small scale for now, the profit is not all that huge, but I must honestly say that its worth the while, and the little I get from the small business has been made so large by God's grace and its solving my problems for now.

The 1st half of the year has really been eventful (with the combined excitement and fear that comes with leaving in a part of the country where the Rich and mighty are domiciled and not knowing if the next Bomb will go off at your Backyard) and fun filled.

I am really thankful to God for a lot of things too numerous to mention, but I must mention a few that quickly comes to mind. I am thankful to God for my immediate family, the love of my life and our lovely Son, my extended family who have not wavered nor flinched in their love, encouragement and support for me, for the gift of a healthy life, (that's one gift I can't over emphasizes my gratefulness to God for, because you must be fit and healthy if you must hustle and make something out of your life in an interesting country like Nigeria) the gift of time to work for God ( by God's special grace, I have actually been able to devote a large portion of my time this year to doing great things that am passionate about:


1. Singing (Beautiful, soul lifting, inspiring music in appreciation and praise of my Spectacular Awesome God)

2: developing young people (the Adventist youth ministry) to the glory of God.

However as much as I have enjoyed Being my own Boss this half of the year and regulating my time as I please (its Fun walahi!), I look forward to actually being gainfully and formally employed in an organization that i am passionate about their works and objectives, so that I can at least get some necessary work experience (that hopefully will be relevant and invaluable as I make d journey to finally Becoming my own Boss and Boss to So many others for the remainder of my life time) and probably go ahead to establish my own conglomerate, honestly I hope to be Bigger than my Mentor, Alahaji Aliko Dangote someday soon (winks, am still Dreaming and I Believe in the potency and Achievability of my Dreams).

 So I'm hopeful, I'm expectant and most importantly, deep down in my heart I know and believe like those two popular cliches go in my great Alma mater: "Failure is not an option" and the future can only but be Bright, yes! "The Future is Bright" through it all God has remained ever Faithful. Wishing us all a Bigger, more successful, and greater 2nd half of the year 2014. Shalom.

Thanks boss (@ Prince Popular), I must say this, because I may never say it again (not that I am about to die o): you are really doing a commendable job, its not easy to present each writer as Authentic as you do and yet maintain that balance on humour and learning. I duff my cap for you. You are doing something Different from what every other Blogger out there does. Because, the summary of our life here on earth is "how we live" and that's why the Bible is the greatest book ever written " its a World Biography" and somehow if we all look more deeply, we can identify the strings connecting our own personal Biography to this greatest Biography of all time. So your ability and talent to give people a platform to tell their own story in their own language is a remarkable effort. And I must tell you, I am not someone who commends people or activities easily, but in you I see the future of the next information and Blogging generation, and b4 you know it every blogger out there would want to imitate projects like "31 days 31 epistles" The skies won't even have enough runway for your flight to take off Bro, the Galaxies is your starting point. Keep the good work going. And once again I must reiterate the fact that, i am grateful for the opportunity and privilege to be a part of this project. I duff my cap for you Sir. And i am proud to be associated with you. Do have a splendid and productive week ahead sir.

                                       Displaying OGBONNA.jpg

(Ps: when I read this write up, I sincerely cried, not because I lost any one, but because I never knew what this project meant to someone out there, thanks a lot Ogbonna for your kind words, I shall keep doing this (unique blogging)  till I leave this sinful word at the age of above 100 years, God bless ya......#Tatafo's comment)

No comments:

Post a Comment