Monday 7 July 2014

Day 7- Reward Davies says it’s been an awesome first six months of the year...


Life has a lot to teach us, no wonder each day comes with his own challenge. It’s Monday, and we are going to be hearing from my brother from another mother, a good cousin to me indeed. He is presently in the Niger-delta region of Nigeria, He is also a banker, and since today is Monday, technically, it is the busiest day of the week, (please don’t ask why o). I still recall memories of bankers rushing for work, hahahahaha, with them over ironed coat, oh sorry suit and expensive (bend down select ni o) shirts, kai, banker can package for Africa. Abeg, make I no yab them too much o, cos my money may suffer the consequences *laughs out loud*.

I had a good chance of working in that same bank, but I don’t know if I am a bank person, though I love that “better” money they are being paid for their salaries, I mean those ones that are members of staff, not those on contract jobs. Gosh, enough of the bank gist, it’s about Reward Davies today and I want to make it simple and sharp. Enjoy his epistle below……..

Indeed, it’s been an awesome first six months of the year. God has been incredible and keeps surprising me. I never would have made it this far without him. I'm stronger, wiser and much better!

Firstly, the past 6 months have taught me that persistence and hard work pays big time. I started the year as a trainee at training school in one of the banks. Mehn, it was the toughest 5 months of my life. I really thought I could study till I got into training school and saw studying raised to another level. My whole life practically revolved around the bank and my books. In fact I had no life. In what started as 36 only 28 graduated successfully.

I'm grateful to God for seeing me through that period in my life cos there were times I wanted 2 give up but I just kept pushing and thankfully, I'm better off for it now.

Secondly, I've learnt that everything happens for a reason. Just after graduating from TS (training school), I got posted to another state to work in a unit I kind of resented. After much whining and sad facing, I decided to go and face reality. To say I couldn't have had it any better would be an understatement because my life has been in leaps and bounds ever since. Career wise I'm close to fulfillment. “Na God oooo”.

Lastly, I'm grateful for the privilege I have to know this dashing personality, Prince Chidozie. He's been such an inspiration and a source of motivation. Keep @ it bro. Thanks for this opportunity. You rock!

Kindly follow @daviesreward

Cheers!

Reward Davies
                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment